ANDHRA BANK PAPER – 12 SEP 2008
1. What is the population of India ?
(A) 98 crores (B) More than 2 billion (C) More than 1 billion
(D) Less than 96 crores (E) 96 crores
2. Thermostat is an instrument used to—
(A) measure flow of current (B) measure intensity of voltage
(C) regulate temperature (D) regulate velocity of sound
(E) None of these
3. Wimbledon Trophy is associated with—
(A) Football (B) Cricket (C) Hockey (D) Basketball (E) Lawn Tennis
4. GNP stands for—
(A) Gross National Product (B) Group Net Product (C) Grand Nuclear Process
(D) Group Networking Process (E) None of these
5. ‘Acoustics’ is the science of the study of—
(A) Light (B) Sound (C) Electricity (D) Magnetism (E) None of these
6. Noise pollution is measured in the unit called—
(A) micron (B) nautical miles (C) ohms (D) ampere (E) decibel
7. ‘Heavy Water’ is used in which of the following types of industries ?
(A) Sugar (B) Nuclear Power (C) Textile (D) Coal (E) None of these
8. Who amongst the following is the author of the book ‘Indomitable Spirit’?
(A) Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam (B) Dr. Manmohan Singh
(C) Justice K. G. Balakrishna (D) Mr. Natwar Singh (E) None of these
9. Which of the following is not the name of popular IT/Software Company ?
(A) Wipro (B) Mastek (C) Toyota (D) IBM (E) Infosys
10. ‘Yen’ is the currency of—
(A) South Korea (B) China (C) Indonesia (D) Malaysia (E) None of these
11. Baichung Bhutia whose name was in news is a well known—
(A) Music Director of Indian films (B) English author of Indian origin
(C) Journalist (D) Politician (E) Sports Personality
12. ‘Richter Scale’ is used to measure which of the following ?
(A) Intensity of Tsunami Waves (B) Intensity of Earthquake
(C) Density of salt in Sea water (D) Flow of electric current
(E) None of these
13. Which of the following best explains ‘egovernance’?
(A) Improving the functioning of government
(B) Teaching government employees the basics of computing
(C) Delivery of public services through internet
(D) Framing of cyberlaws of chatting on internet
(E) Convergence of email and videoconferencing
14. CAS is associated with which of the following ?
(A) Legal System Reforms (B) Piped gas line
(C) Cable T.V. (D) Mobile phone regulation (E) None of these
15. Tata Steel recently acquired the Corus, a steel giant situated in—
(A) South Africa (B) Ukraine (C) Australia (D) Italy (E) Britain
16. Which of the following is the abbreviated name of the Organization/Agency working in the field of Space Research ?
(A) ISBN (B) ISRO (C) INTELSET (D) INTACH (E) None of these
17. ‘Handshaking’ in Networking parlance means—
(A) connecting computers to a hub
(B) distributed Networks
(C) having same operating system on different computers
(D) sending email
(E) None of these
18. VAT stands for—
(A) Value And Tax (B) Value Added Tax (C) Virtual Action Tasks
(D) Virtual Assessment Technique (E) None of these
19. Alzheimer’s disease is the ailment of which of the following organs /parts of the human body ?
(A) Kidney (B) Heart (C) Liver (D) Stomach (E) Brain
20. Global warming is a matter of concern amongst the nations these days. Which of the following countries is the largest emitter of greenhouse gases in the World ?
(A) U.S.A. (B) China (C) India (D) Britain (E) None of these
21. Which of the following books has been written by Bill Gates ?
(A) Microsoft Secrets (B) The Road Ahead (C) The Elephant Paradigm
(D) ecommerce (E) None of these
22. Which of the following is the name of the social network service run by the Google on the internet ?
(A) Online Space (B) Orkut (C) NetSpace (D) Wikipedia (E) None of these
23. Which of the following states is a relatively new addition ?
(A) Goa (B) Delhi (C) Uttarakhand (D) Himachal Pradesh (E) Bihar
24. DOT stands for—
(A) Disc Operating Therapy (B) Department of Telephones (C) Directorate of Technology
(D) Damage on Time (E) None of these
25. Which of the following States/ parts of India is completely land locked having no contact with sea ?
(A) Karnataka (B) Orissa (C) Maharashtra (D) NorthEast (E) None of these
26. TRAI regulates the functioning of which of the following services ?
(A) Telecom (B) Trade (C) Port (D) Transport (E) None of these
27. At present for the ATMs in India, the most commonly used network communication mode is—
(A) Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) (B) General Packet Radio Service (GPRS)
(C) Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) (D) Dialin Connection (E) None of these
28. Which of the following is not a foreign bank operating in India ?
(A) DBS Bank Ltd. (B) Sonali Bank (C) J. P. Morgan Chase Bank
(D) Shinhan Bank (E) All are Foreign Banks
29. Who is the author of the book ‘Future Shock’ ?
(A) Alvin Toffler (B) Tom Peters (C) Napoleon Hill
(D) Kenneth Blanchard (E) None of these
30. Apex fares are—
(A) more than the normal fare
(B) less than the normal fare
(C) offered only to corporate clients
(D) applicable to late night flights only
(E) applicable to international flights only